United States District Court, E.D. Missouri, Eastern Division
HAROLD B. MASON, Plaintiff,
INVISION LLC, et al., Defendants.
MEMORANDUM AND ORDER
JEAN C. HAMILTON, District Judge.
This matter is before the Court following a bench trial conducted on July 7, 2014. Having considered the pleadings and trial testimony of the parties, the Court hereby makes and enters the following findings of fact and conclusions of law in accordance with Rule 52(a) of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.
Findings of Fact
1. Plaintiff Harold B. Mason ("Mason") worked for Defendant Invision ("Invision") LLC from May 7, 2007 through June 12, 2007.
2. Invision was a company that performed legal document management.
3. Defendants S. Eric Westacott ("Westacott") and Timothy McMahon ("McMahon") were the co-owners of Invision.
4. Along with Mason, Invision employed Dondi Baldwin ("Baldwin") and Defendant Ja'net Morgan ("Morgan").
5. Mason is an African-American male.
6. Baldwin is also an African-American male.
7. Morgan is an African-American female.
9. Initially, Baldwin was Mason's and Morgan's supervisor at Invision. At some point during Mason's period of employment, Baldwin was terminated.
10. Morgan was hired as supervisor to replace Baldwin, and Mason was not.
11. Mason had prior work experience dealing with various types of software used for legal document management.
12. Baldwin and Morgan both assigned menial tasks to Mason on several occasions, and Mason took offense to these assignments. For instance, on one occasion Baldwin required Mason to put together a pull-cart, a ...